Whew! While I would classify this experiment as an overwhelming success I would also say that I'm fairly well overwhelmed with and tired of spinning. :-)
8.5oz spun and plied.
9.25 finished skeins.
2 projects finished.
3 projects furthered.
Plying and wheel control skills leveled waaay up.
Several new fibers played with (in mixed batt form).
Now, for the part you've all been waiting for: The Pictures!
These are 3 skeins of the Jacob/Coopworth/Karakul fleece I bought last spring. I spun these singles during TdF last year and never got around to plying them. There's only a small bit of the fleece left to do, which means I might even get it done in a year (yay?)! I have no idea what the yardage is on these guys. If I had to guess, I'd say 200yds+- 20yds each. 540-660 yards! Sweet. In an earlier post I mistakenly claimed 6 skeins finished because I added of the other grey ones to the picture and counted it. Oops.
Here we have 5 skeins (1.2oz each) of fluffy sparkly art yarn from the 'sparkle batts.' These were so much fun to spin it was crazy. I only measured one of them and it was 96yds, so maybe about 500yds for the lot? The singles were spun very unevenly and lumpy, but after they were plied they evened out like crazy. I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep these for myself or try to sell them. They're not really my color (my colors do not include sparkle).
I spun up this BFL nibbly from Corgi Hill Farm to practice for my next project. It came out to ~45yds and .5oz. The thing that surprised me the most about it was how much it fluffed up after I washed it. It went from being slick and sortof soft to POOF and very soft and squooshy. I didn't expect that to happen, so I didn't take any pictures of it before I washed it. It's so cute!
Last, but most excitingly, we have the first third of my special project. I'll give it its own post, so here's a teaser:
That's all folks! Now back to your regularly scheduled silence.