Safire, for me
My halloween socks**
Waves of Grain stole
Nancy lace scarf
*Needs minimal finishing
Why I'm not knitting right now:
I hate finishing things. I love having things finished, but the act of finishing them- weaving in ends, finicky multi-part bits (bunny ears, nautilus tentacles), Kitchener stitch- is just not really my cup of tea. On the other hand, I would like to have a few things cleaned up for the New Year.
With that in mind, I hauled out Anna's sock, finished the toe, wound up the second ball of yarn (with my new ball winder!), and cast on for the second sock. I've got about half the leg done, and if I can get past the heel today, I'll be in good shape. I'll worry about shipping them to her later.
I'm thinking about starting an "... of the month" club for myself for the upcoming year. Ideas so far include:
- Start, and finish, one big project a month. (sweater, quilt, spin everything I own, etc)
- Track down every single UFO (unfinished object) in the house. Finish them.
- Knit one 'stash only' project.
- Knit projects out of every pattern book I own.
- Design something.
- Try a new technique: intarsia, stranded, Latvian braids, etc.
I'll probably end up doing some combo of those. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a sock to work on.
What are your new years resolutions?